- $69,020.00 -105,470.00/year*
334 W 39th St
SUMMARY: Create and maintain merchandise and store plans as well as performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Develop and achieve store level sales and stock plans by analyzing past performance, identifying sales opportunities, conducting penetration analysis and turnover analysis.
* Manage business results by partnering with Buyer to develop class plans and exit strategies, reviewing weekly business at class level, working with Buyer to review and update the open-to-buy, responding to changing sales trends, ensuring departments achieve plan sales, plan turn, plan markups and plan markdowns.
* Evaluate store performance levels and mange inventory by reviewing sales and inventory at department and class level, evaluating store performance in relation to company trend, ensuring distributions reflect performance and trend.
* Identify over and under stocked stores, developing action plans to correct over/under stock situations, gathering information from historical data and store travel.
* Monitor new store performance to ensure minimum inventory levels are achieved and maintained and that trending areas are funded.
* Contribute to strategic and seasonal planning by indentifying competitive advantages for buying area by focusing the business, identifying opportunities and risks.
* Organize workflow by planning and prioritizing your work based on critical factors, managing your time effectively to ensure meeting deadlines, being self-motivated and comfortable performing multiple tasks.
* Make informed decisions by using analytical thinking skills to identify potential problems and develop appropriate solutions, compiling and thoroughly evaluating all relevant information to include the input of others, making adjustments to plans and distributions based on analysis, using current and new systems to maximize efficiencies.
* Offer recommendations regarding sales performance, flow, promotional and markdown cadence, turn and gross profit, and BOM targets.
* Convert class and subclass dollar plans into unit plans.
* Develop monthly unit sales plans for each store rank.
* Establish \"Average Store\" unit quality for each BOM in each class and subclass.
* Perform in-season monthly review of store selling vs. plan and LY.
* Establish \"hot\" and \"cold\" store lists for allocators to address.
* Establish turn goods and inventory caps for \"space-challenged stores\".
* Suggest assortment edits based upon performance metrics.
* Provide input into defining alternative allocation methods to include lost sales, forecasting, clustering, etc.
* Conduct analysis with regard to respective categories and identify opportunities and risks relative to sales and inventory productivity.
* Work with Buyers and Allocators to create a comprehensive allocation plan and flow plan by sku.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate's degree in related field. Minimum 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and understand documents such as general correspondence, department reports and office procedures. Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and fellow associates. Extensive computer skills required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
* Ability to talk and hear
Manual dexterity is required to operate computer and telephone
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...