- Godot Consulting Group
- $96,570.00 -157,290.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
334 W 39th St
This is an excellent opportunity to join the National Commercial Department in a leading Title Insurance Company.
As the NationalCommercial Counsel (National Underwriter) , you will work in conjunction with our Commercial Coordinators and underwriters. The primary location is in New York, NY.
Some of the basic responsibilities are as follows:
- Provides customers and title and escrow staff with timely answers to title underwriting and escrow issues impacting their particular transactions
- Works closely with sales manager and sales staff to Client and develop new business
- Develops and participates in client focused presentations on topics that impact our industry
- Reviews and negotiates Indemnity Agreements and Escrow Funding Agreements; placement of
- Re-insurance; performs review of transactional, organizational and authority documents
- Collaborates with other Company offices to share and discuss legal and/or transactional issues encountered on shared transactions
- Fully leverages the company's title production platform for all facets of commitment construction and revisions, proforma policy and endorsement production, and final policy and endorsement issuance to consistently meet customer deadlines for same.
- Additionally, monitors/prioritizes work tasks and timely assigns work product for distribution to necessary teammates through the system workflow to ensure high individual and team productivity levels.
- Reviews surveys and perform survey readings, as well as drafts responses to title objection letters --- must demonstrate proficiency in reading and mapping all real property legal description types
- Competency in training of present and future personnel, as required by management, in the foregoing areas of primary responsibility
- Provide general assistance to Agency's title counsel in underwriting and coordinating single and multi-site national transactions.
- Ordering searches, following up with locals for reports, missing documents, searches, surveys, information on local practices, etc.;
- Interacting with internal team members and clients to ensure that service and quality standards are consistently met
- Coordinating pro forma and final policies pre and post-closing
- Preparing settlement statements, and disbursement requests.
- National commercial closing experience and excellent communication skills required.
- Familiarity with escrow instructions, co-insurance, reinsurance and high liability underwriting procedures preferred.
- Underwrite and assist in closing commercial transactions.
- The position will require some flexibility with hours.
- 5+ years commercial real estate title review and underwriting experience with major national title insurer
- 2+ years of commercial real estate transactional experience as an attorney
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; including well-rounded knowledge of commercial title principles and practices including, inter alia, knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, title insurance regulations and agency rules affecting the title industry;
- Proficient ability to evaluate, learn, and implement modern title production systems and technology resources
- Ability to meet deadlines and project confidence in working under pressure
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills
- Willingness to commit the time necessary to meet commercial customer demands
Proficient in MS Office
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate. Contact us for more details if you are interested and meet the requirements. All inquiries are strictly confidential.
Associated topics: underwriter
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...